29thConvention & Conference of SIS on
Information-Innovation-Technology: Creating Seamless Linkages
(26-28 November 2012)
NIT Silchar is going to organize the Twenty Ninth National Convention of SIS on “Information-Innovation-Technology: Creating Seamless Linkages” in collaboration with SIS, New Delhi. The convention will be held in 26-28 November 2012 at NIT Silchar.
New Paradigms are crafted by Contemporary Research in Information Science through a multi-disciplinary approach with influence from bordering disciplines such Education, Sociology, Psychology, Behavioural Sciences apart from predominant perspectives from Computer Science. The theme of this conference is to provide a platform to educationists, Information specialists and Library professionals to explore this multi- disciplinary approach by integrating technologies in understanding the implicit and explicit functions of information, innovation and communication.
Information, Innovation & Technologies: Creating Seamless Linkages
New theories and paradigms in information science; foundations of information science
· Information Retrieval and Information Access,
· Information Architecture and Organization of Information,
· Information & Knowledge Management,
· Distributed and Collaborative Information Spaces,
· Integration of Information Resources,
· Electronic Information System,
· Digital Rights Management,
· Patinformatics and Copyright
· Bibliometrics and Infometrics, Data Analytics.
II: Innovation and Technology
New Innovations & Technologies Applications in Information Science and Information Services
· Web 3.0; New Practices,
· Cloud Computing,
· Smart Mobile Applications in LIS,
· Wearable Technologies,
· Blogs & Wikis in LIS,
· E-Learning and Information Literacy
· Scholarly Publishing, Open Access, Digital Repositories, and Digital Libraries,
· E-Books & E-Journals,
· E –Resources Access and Management,
· Consortia and Networks,
· Security of Library Resources,
· Quality Assurance & Best Practices,
· Innovative Library Products & Services
• The principal objective of this Convention is to provide a platform for exchange of knowledge, ideas & learning experience among the Librarians, Information specialists, Scientists, Information providers & persons related to LIS.
• To identify emerging innovations in the field of Library and Information Science
Practicing Librarians and Information Specialists, Academicians, IT Professionals, Scientists, Students and Faculties of LIS etc.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers based on Case studies, Researches, Practical experiences, etc. on the main theme and sub-themes of the Seminar are invited from the interested participants. The Paper should be within 6000 word including Abstract of about 300 words with 4 keywords and typed in MS-WORD in 12-point Times New Roman. All the references should be properly tagged and referred following Chicago Manual Style. The authors should agree with the transfer of the copyright of the papers to SIS, New Delhi and the NIT Silchar. All the received papers will be peer–reviewed. Only the accepted papers will be published in an edited book format.
Deadline for Paper Submission : 30 Oct 2012
Notifications for Acceptance : 5 Nov 2012
Camera Ready Paper Submission : 10 Nov 2012
Conference Date : 26-28 Nov 2012
Dr. Kishor Chandra Satpathy
National Institute of Technology, Silchar-788010, Assam, India
Telephone : +91-3842-240055 (Off) +91-9435175531 (M), Fax: 91-3842-224797 (Off)
E-mail : email@example.com